Friday, January 30, 2009

Contour Lines


1.) Immediate Response: My immediate response after looking at this picture is that I like how the rocks almost have a glowing look to them. What stands out to me the most is the slanted lines of the rock.

2.) Objective Description: The photo in front of me is of a sandstone rock. The dried brush in the background sets a complimentary backdrop to the sandstone. The color of the sandstone almost adds a glow to the sandstone and the out of focus foreground adds emphasis to the center of the photo which shows the downward slant of the sandstone.

3.) Formal Matters: The real line quality of this photo is depicted in the middle of the photo in the sandstone rock. The color is a glowing yellow color. 

4.) This photo's "story" is all about simplicity. 

5.) I think this photo connects with Honore Daumier's photo's because the main emphasis is on one object as is the picture that I selected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment